Friday, May 13, 2016

Come fly with me lets fly, let's fly away!

This week Kevin had a chance to experience what it is like to be a pilot. Yes people, my husband flew a plane! It was a small plane, cessna172 for those who know what that is. He was very excited for this opportunity! What was cool was the instructor let me fly with them in the back seat. Naturally I took pictures the whole time because really, how often do you get to experience something like this?! Memories must be captured! I'm sure in 50 years we'll look back and just smile at how cool it was to fly over downtown Orlando and to be able to look down and see the world in a different view. Because it was such a small plane, the turbulence was a bit much due to all the heat waves bouncing back off the earth, but Kevin did super well with handling it. Though I hate flying, it was still great to go up and to see the huge smile on my very giddy and happy husband. Maybe this is going to be a hobby of his in the future. Who knows! But I do know that he had the time of his life learning about safety precautions and checking the plane before takeoff. The great news was the he understood a lot of what the instructor was saying because of the math and other engineering classes he's taken. It was a great week!


Ps: can you believe that in just 16 days Kevin and I will have been married for a year?! Holy lanta! The time has literally flown by!!!! Yet at the same time it feels like it hasn't. When we look at all the stuff that has happened we think "ya of course it's been a year! Look at all we've done and gone through together" but then it feels like just yesterday we were having a wedding! Like we say all the time to each other, "eternity isn't going to be long enough with you, I'm going to need more time than that with you." More in love now than the day we got married; the love just keeps growing and growing! ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment